Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pain Does Not Define Her.


Not too late, I figure, for this post. This woman is an inspiration. I love her willingness to make intentional choices to make the best of her life and pour out on others. She knows what pain is. 

I was there a few years ago when Norma's body got caught on fire. And because of the gas on her, the fire could not be put out quick enough to not do damage. Let me tell you, trauma like this will not only physically scar you but emotionally as well. But I have seen this woman get miraculously healed both physically and emotionally. But I'm sure she'll tell you that it was a process of choices. While there may still be some scars, they are not noticeable as she has chosen joy and thankfulness in spite of her pain. She has come out more beautiful and strong, in my opinion. 
She told me that she has struggled with not liking her body and that these burns added to her feeling self conscious. Low self esteem is something a lot of women struggle with (and guys too). But what is beautiful about Norma is that she made a choice to feel good about herself. She started living a healthy lifestyle where she felt better about her body. She gave me the absolute honor of going shopping with her and helping her find clothes that expressed the new her. And she was brave and vulnerable in letting us do a photo shoot with her. Like they say, "where there is scars, the skin there is stronger." She is definitely one of the women that I see as possessing raw beauty inside and out. And I love how this photo shoot captured her pure joy and freedom.


This army green jacket is personally my favorite piece that we picked out for her. It's edgy AND classy ... great for layering.




Makeup by Clarice Reimer
Photos done by Clara Loewen

No comments:

Post a Comment