Sunday, January 19, 2014

I've Got the Fur!


Good Afternoon! Besides my obsession for leather as of late, fur has been right up there with it. I always thought fur was something only the very rich people would wear and was actually turned off by it for that reason. But somehow that changed. Maybe when I found that you could get it for cheap in normal stores. Maybe when I realized that I didn't need to let the rich people define what fur said about fashion. Wearing it makes me feel more one with the earth...lol. It actually kind of makes me feel classy and redneck all at the same time. It definitely does add interest and fashion to an outfit. Not to mention it keeps you warm in the winter. And let me tell you, with as long and cold as this Manitoba winter is, you got to get creative with your warm clothes.

Here's a tip for your winter wardrobe. I have a small closet. And since, I admit, I like clothes it is always jam packed. I don't know about you, but I hate looking through my closet of half the things I don't wear to find the things that I actually could wear. And this is especially true for in the winters when all you wear is sweaters anyway. I decided to sort through my clothes and put all my summer stuff in a box and only kept the clothes on the hangers that I actually use in the winter. The stuff I found that I never wear anymore went into a box that goes to charity. Now my small closet isn't packed. I can easily go through and see what my options are. And everything in there is something I actually could use at any given day. Come summer, I will switch it up again and box all my sweaters and warm clothes and hang out all my summery clothes (oh man, may that day come quickly). Can't wait to slip into something light and short sleeved.
I know some of you will laugh at my tip, but hey, if your as unorganized and messy as me, this is genius! I felt genius when I came up with it after all these years. And it's so easy!
If you have other wardrobe tips, please let me know! I want to hear!


Fur Vest: Forever 21


Feather Necklace: Forever 21


Leather Jeggings: On Sale at Sirens


Photographer: Clara Loewen
As you can see in the pics, the sun was brutal, but she made it work!




This is such a comfy shirt I can wear with leggings because of the length in the back. And because of it's plainness I can add layers and deck it out as much as I want. That's why I love plain shirts because I can do with it what I want it to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment