Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Blazer and Distressed Jeans - Finding Your Balance


It's all about the balance. Today the outfit is a tailored blazer with distressed jeans. I like to pair a classy piece with something theoretically not so pretty. The distressed jeans bring balance to an otherwise very dressy blazer. I'm keeping it neutral with simple nude heels, but balanced it out with some edgy authentic '50's earrings and kept the makeup simple. Right now the double twist is my favorite way to add some interest to my hair.

I find that it should be everyone's goal to be balanced. It might just be me, but when I meet someone who is overly hyped all the time is a turnoff. Or vice versa. 
It's important to have a balanced diet. Some fat is very important to stay healthy, but we all know that too much of it can be dangerous to your health.
Some stress is healthy, but living a high stress life all the time will break you eventually.
Everyone needs people in their life (and for some of you it will be an intentional choice to put them in your life), but you also need your own time where you can think and meditate on your life (which can also be a very intentional choice you need to make).
There's a time to show compassion and give of your heart or time to someone, but then there's a time to protect yourself and set a boundary where others don't cross.
There's a time to mourn but there's also a time where you must dance!
Your body needs rest and it also needs exercise.
When you look at creation and truths about God, there is always a balance. With almost any command in the Bible, you will also find the exact opposite command. What about mercy and justice. Honour your mother and father, but also if you don't hate your mother and father your not truly my disciples.

Balance is something that fascinates me and I realize I just kind of threw out sentences here, but I guess I'm inviting you to think about it with me. I think there's more power behind it than we realize.
I think in order to live a satisfying and healthy life, we must find our balance.











Jeans: Bluenotes
Blazer: Urban Planet
Heels: Payless Shoe Source

Photo Credit: Clara Loewen
www.steorraimages.com



2 comments: