Friday, October 11, 2013

Autumn and Denim



This denim vest is a staple in my closet. I use it everywhere, with anything, for any occasion. I can use it to dress down an outfit. I can use it to add layer and interest to any old outfit. I can use it to cover up when I need to. It doesn’t really matter how or where you use it, you can be sure you will look in style. That’s what I like about it – it’s so useful but also a fashion statement in itself. So get yourself that denim vest. It’s in almost every store and comes in different styles. So you can still feel unique wearing it.  Some of my favorite ways to wear it is with a maxi dress, throw on a scarf, gladiators and aviators and I’m good to go. I feel comfortable and in style. Another way to wear it is with a cami tucked into high waisted pants or shorts and put on the vest; throw on a long or chunky necklace or dangly earrings to finish the look.
So if your looking to add a bit of flavor to your wardrobe, go for the magic little vest. It’s not only fashionable, but very useful.
Here I'm using it to dress down an ivory lace dress. Add the vintage earrings, mid-calf brown boots, and deep berry lip to finish the look.




















Denim Vest: UrbanPlanet
Ivory lace dress: Le Chateau
Pink vintage earrings: Paperdoll Clothing
Brown strapped boots: Rue 21, US
"Ruthless" Lipstick: Mirabella




These boots are for sale for $27! Only worn twice. Let me know if you want them. Available for 2 weeks.




Autumn is my favorite season, no doubt. The colours, the fresh crispy air, the breeze, the warm days, and the cool nights, all the furry animals and the golden fields. In my opinion it's the best season for clothes. You get to pull out your sweaters, scarves and boots and play with layers all you want. But what I find is that every time autumn comes around there's an excitement stirring up inside of me. An urge to dream and remain hopeful. Is this just me or is there a magical surge of power in the autumn air? Makes me want to go skipping and breathe deeply of the fresh autumn air. Anyway if your not feeling it, maybe take a moment to go outside and take a deep breath and let your heart go wild for a bit. And maybe this season just is not for you and that's ok. But if you have been feeling that unexplainable extra energy, harness that surge and hold onto it. Do something new and exciting while the inspiration is there. And let me know if you know what that magic is in the autumn air.
Thanks for reading. Till next time...
Photographer: Jo Reimer



No comments:

Post a Comment